I just baked this cake for my Mom’s birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM) and it was absolutely delicious! Unbelievably moist! The whipped frosting was to die for!
Side Note: I ended up freezing my leftover whipped frosting and it tastes like ICE CREAM! So, basically this is a Cake and Ice Cream recipe #BONUS!!!
Any who, I’m going to start posting recipes every Thursday! So Stay tuned for next’s weeks surprise 🙂 Let me know if you are looking for any certain type of recipe and I will do some investigating!!! ENOY 🙂
Delicious Oreo Chocolate Cake
- 1 1/2cups / 185g / 6.6oz all-purpose flour
- 1 cup / 200g / 7oz sugar
- 1 cup / 8oz cold water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cups / 30g / .8 oz unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp / 5ml baking soda
- 1 tsp / 5ml white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp / 2.5ml salt
- 1 tsp / 5ml pure vanilla extract
- 40 Double Stuffed Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 9 Mini Oreos
- Big Bowl
- Medium Size Bowl
- 2 8-inch pans
- Measuring cups ranging from a 1/4 cup – 1 cup
- Measuring spoons from 1/2 tsp – 1 tbsp
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients. Using a spatula mix all the ingredients together well.
- Spray two 8-inch baking pans with PAM spray – use a napkin to make sure every inch of the pan is covered.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool completely, and place in the freezer for 10 minutes before assembling.
- Place Oreos in a freezer size bag and crush them – get some anger out and throw the bag around – (maybe double bag it though so that you don’t end with Oreos everywhere).
- Make the Oreo Whipped Cream in 2 batches. In the first bowl, whip 2 cups of cream on medium-high speed to soft peak, spoon into large bowl.
- In same mixer bowl, whip remaining 2 1/2 cups cream, sugar, and vanilla to soft peak.
- Fold into already whipped cream.
- Fold crushed Oreos into whipped cream. *Don’t try to use the electric mixer very long or AT ALL, because if you OVER MIX the cream it will separate and become liquidy again…
- Remove cake from the freezer.
- Place bottom layer on serving plate.
- Spread about 1/3 of Oreo Whipped Cream onto cake.
- Top with second cake layer and use remaining Oreo whipped cream to frost top and sides of cake.
- Chill in refrigerator for about 2 hours to allow cream to stiffen to smooth with spatula.
- Garnish with mini Oreos.
- Serve and enjoy 😀
- PULL ALL INGREDIENTS OUT FIRST – and then put each ingredient away as you bake – it’s makes baking much less stressful because there will be less to clean in the end.
- DRY INGREDIENTS FIRST – then wet ingredients so that you don’t have to clean your measuring tools as many times.
- USE PLATE FOR MEASURING TOOLS – lay a plate out to place all of your measuring tools on while you cook so that you don’t make a mess on the countertop
BEST OF LUCK BAKING 🙂
Recipe inspired by Bake Rita‘s Oreo Chocolate Cake.